Over the next five years, The Manufacturing Institute’s Women MAKE America Mentoring Program will create a nationwide movement designed to change perceptions by training more than 1,000 female mentors and helping them connect to younger women in the industry and beyond by engaging with women in four-year colleges and universities, community colleges, high schools and middle schools. The Women MAKE America Mentoring Program acts on decades of research and more than a decade of impact to help close the gender gap in manufacturing.
As a potential mentor, please keep in mind these key dates:
- March 8, 2022: Public announcement of 35×30 Women MAKE America campaign and the Women MAKE America Mentoring Program
- May 9, 2022: Women MAKE America mentor applications due (please email [email protected] to share you interest!)
- May 2022 – Jan. 2023: Monthly mentor/mentee sessions facilitated with support from the Women MAKE America Mentor Action Guide
- Jan. 17, 2023: Women MAKE America Mentoring Program “graduation”
One Session Required
Mentor training is a highly interactive session with hands-on experiential exercises and review of the Women MAKE America Mentor Action Guide. Each attendee receives a certificate of completion. Thursday, April 28, 1:30–3:00 p.m. EDT at the 2022 STEP Ahead Awards (“LeaderSHIP at Sea”).
We will take participants on a nautical journey. What does it take to be the captain of your own ship? Designed for executive leadership teams and leaders, this nautical flash mentoring experience facilitates conversations on how to pivot, how to navigate through the storms and how to work effectively in a team.
- Tuesday, May 3 | 11:00 a.m.–12:15 p.m. EDT Mentor Training #2 on Zoom
- Tuesday, May 3 | 3:00–4:15 p.m. EDT Mentor Training #3 on Zoom
- Thursday, May 5 | 11:00 a.m.–12:15 p.m. EDT Mentor Training #4 on Zoom
- Thursday, May 19 | 4:00 p.m.–5:15 p.m. EDT Mentor Training #5 on Zoom
- Tuesday, May 24 | 11:00 a.m.–12:15 p.m. EDT Mentor Training #6 on Zoom
Based on feedback from STEP Ahead alumnae, we are offering brainstorming and open roundtable sessions for Women MAKE America mentors to discuss best practices, challenges and opportunities.
- Tuesday, May 24, 3:00–4:00 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, June 29, 4:00–5:00 p.m. EDT
- Tuesday, July 19, 12:00–1:00 p.m. EDT
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 3:00–4:00 p.m. EDT
Please complete the form below to be considered in the mentorship program.