Over the next five years, The Manufacturing Institute’s Women MAKE America Mentorship Program will create a nationwide movement designed to change perceptions by training more than 1,000 female mentors and helping them connect to younger women in the industry and beyond by engaging with women in four-year colleges and universities, community colleges, high schools and middle schools. The Women MAKE America Mentorship Program acts on decades of research and more than a decade of impact to help close the gender gap in manufacturing.
As a potential mentor, please keep in mind these key dates:
- March 8, 2022: Public announcement of 35×30 Women MAKE America campaign and the Women MAKE America Mentorship Program
- July 2022 – March 2023: Monthly mentor/mentee sessions facilitated with support from the Women MAKE America Mentor Action Guide
- Tentative – March 16, 2023: Women MAKE America Mentorship Program “graduation” for first program
- January 2023: Women MAKE America Mentorship Program applications due
- February – March 2023: Mentor/Mentee/Peer Mentor trainings
- April – December 2023: Monthly mentor/mentee sessions facilitated with the support from the Women MAKE America Action Guide
One Session Required
Mentoring training provides an overview of how to have a successful mentoring experience. Applicants have the opportunity to review of the Women MAKE America Mentor Action Guide and learn best practices to maximize this experience. Each attendee receives a certificate of completion. Check back soon for available trainings.
Based on feedback from program alumnae, we offer brainstorming and open roundtable sessions for Women MAKE America mentors to discuss best practices, challenges and opportunities. Check back soon for available Mentor Cafés.
We appreciate your dedication to supporting women in the manufacturing industry and look forward to working together soon. For more information, please contact: