Is Mechatronics for you?
Do you have an engineering mindset and enjoy working with your hands? Our Ft. Hood Mechatronics training program is an opportunity to:
- Earn seven certifications from the Smart Automation Certification Alliance (SACA)
- Engage directly with companies looking for you
- Find your next mission in manufacturing
About the Course
- What is it? Mechatronics is an emerging field that integrates electrical and mechanical engineering, advanced manufacturing, and computer technology
- Eligibility: Our program is open to transitioning service members in their last 180 days of active duty, honorably discharged veterans, active-duty military spouses, Guard members and reservists.
- Duration: 12 weeks of accelerated training for in-demand industry certifications in partnership with Texas State Technical College, Waco, TX
- Cost: Tuition for this program is $2,750. The program is eligible for GI Bill/ Post 9-11 VA Education benefits. State and local grants can also be used when available. MI Heroes offers limited scholarships for those who do not qualify for other funding streams.
- Location: Courses are held in-person at Texas State Technical College (TSTC), Waco Campus. Virtual courses are not available at this time.
- Lodging: Ft. Hood does not currently offer PTDY lodging. There are numerous affordable housing options available in the Waco area for prospective students.
Certifications You Will Receive
This course includes seven certifications from the Smart Automation Certification Alliance (SACA) Specialist series which certifies Industry 4.0 technical skills in troubleshooting, programming, maintaining, and integrating systems
- SACA C-201 Electrical Systems 1
- SACA C 202 Electrical Motor Control Systems
- SACA C -206 Electrical Systems Installation 1
- SACA C-210 Mechanical Power Systems 1
- SACA C 209 Pneumatic Systems 1
- SACA C -207 Programmable Controller Systems 1
- SACA C-208 Programmable Controller Troubleshooting 1
Our next course runs from August 30 – November 19, 2021
Deadline to Register: August 16
Upcoming Cohort Dates
May 10 – July 30, 2021
Aug 30 – Nov 19, 2021
Jan 10 – April 8, 2022
May 9 – July 29, 2022
Aug 29 – Nov 18, 2022
In partnership with Texas State Technical College (TSTC), Waco, TX
Join the Mission
Complete the form below to begin enrollment.
Companies and 38 states
Placement rate of program graduates
Potential Careers in Manufacturing
- Production Operators / Machine Operators
- Production Technicians
- Automation Technicians / Automation Engineers
- Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technicians
- Multi-Skill / Multi-Craft Maintenance Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
- Line / Team Leads
- Production Supervisors