Veteran Reskilling in Today’s Economy
What You’ll Learn
This virtual event, hosted by Samsung and The Manufacturing Institute, will provide a platform to bring awareness to the likely rise in veteran unemployment due to COVID-19 and highlight what companies can do in response.
According to a recent study by the Bob Woodruff Foundation “Vast numbers of veterans are to become unemployed, at rates that could surpass the highest level of veteran unemployment in the post-9/11 era.”
This event will provide best practices, resources and tools to help manufacturers attract and retain this valuable talent.
- Carolyn Lee, Executive Director, The Manufacturing Institute
- Megan Pollock, VP Strategic Communications, Samsung
- Babs Chase, VP Military & Veterans Programs, The Manufacturing Institute
- John Lowry, Assistant Secretary of Labor, Veterans’ Employment and Training Services
- John Buckley, Military Relations Manager, Koch Industries
- George Clay, Production Supervisor, Sherwin Williams
- Andrew Morton, Director of Veterans and Certification Affairs, SHRM
Click here for highlights and full event video, or to learn more about how Samsung and the Manufacturing Institute are advancing our veterans professionally.