The Building Blocks of a Successful Second Chance Hiring Initiative
Are you interested in creating your own second chance hiring program? Since late 2021, Union Pacific has worked with the Manufacturing Institute to implement a second chance hiring program at their Houston location. Join us to hear from Ken Kuwamura, Manager of Strategic Partnerships and Talent Acquisition, and learn how Union Pacific:
- Identified and prepared community partners to support this initiative;
- Updated their HR policies to increase the success of second chance candidates;
- Overcame hurdles to implement this initiative
You must register in advance to join attend the virtual event. Join the virtual event from your web browser at 1:00 PM ET on August 30th.
Tips for Attending
- Be an active participant – ask questions, answer polls, engage in chat
- Share – post reactions, resources and more on social media using the hashtag #SecondChanceWorkforce
- Invite others within your network
About the Second Chance Program
Partnering with Stand Together Trust, the Manufacturing Institute is guiding industry to grow the modern manufacturing workforce while closing the opportunity gap. Through roundtable discussions, webinars, C-suite leadership events, case studies and research, the Manufacturing Institute is helping manufacturers navigate second chance hiring and best practices. If you are interested in learning more about the Manufacturing Institute’s Second Chance Hiring initiative, see our website for more information and resources.