The Importance of MFG Day
Celebrated nationally on the first Friday in October each year, MFG Day (Manufacturing Day) helps show the reality and future of modern manufacturing careers by encouraging thousands of companies and educational institutions around the nation to open their doors to students, educators, parents, caregivers and community leaders. MFG Day is manufacturing’s biggest annual opportunity to inspire the next generation, positively shift perceptions about our industry, and build the foundation for the manufacturing workforce of the future. It empowers manufacturers to come together to address their collective challenges so they can help their communities and future generations thrive.
Throughout the month of October and beyond, manufacturers across America will engage and excite young minds by hosting an MFG Day event. Learn more about the initiative and how to get involved by joining the Manufacturing Institute—the organization behind MFG Day nationwide— for our MFG Day kickoff webinar.
MAKE an Impact
By hosting or participating in an MFG Day event, you’ll join thousands of other hosts in showcasing modern manufacturing jobs and technologies, and will also highlight the benefits that manufacturing provides to your community and the nation.
Who Should Attend
Manufacturers, schools, associations, economic development groups, workforce boards, community organizations, and any other industry partners who:
- are excited to share the realities of modern manufacturing with youth
- are just discovering MFG Day;
- are potential first-time MFG Day event hosts; or
- are previous MFG Day event hosts and want a refresher
- Manufacturing Workforce and Student Engagement
- MFG Day Overview and Impact
- Hosting and Planning Events
- Registering Events
- MFG Day Resources and Sponsorship
- Questions and Upcoming Planning Events