The Importance of MFG Day
MFG Day, held annually on the first Friday in October, helps show the reality and future of modern manufacturing careers by encouraging thousands of companies and educational institutions around the nation to open their doors to students, parents, teachers and community leaders. MFG Day is manufacturing’s biggest annual opportunity to inspire the next generation, positively shift perceptions about our industry, and build the foundation for the manufacturing workforce of the future. It empowers manufacturers to come together to address their collective challenges so they can help their communities and future generations thrive.
Planning Your Event
Beginning on October 7, and throughout the month of October, manufacturers across America will engage and excite young minds by hosting an MFG Day event. Learn more about the initiative and how to get involved by joining the Manufacturing Institute—the organization behind MFG Day nationwide— for our MFG Day best practices webinar.
MAKE an Impact
By holding an MFG Day event, you’ll not only join thousands of other hosts in showcasing modern manufacturing jobs and technologies, but also highlight the benefits that manufacturing provides to your community and nation.
Who Should Attend
Manufacturers, associations, chambers of commerce, workforce boards, community organizations, and any other industry partners who are:
- committed to or considering hosting an MFG Day event,
- seeking new ideas on how to best engage students
- working to advance the message of MFG Day and Creators Wanted
- exploring different ways to promote and amplify an event
- Overview of planning and MFG Day resources
- Messaging tips to engage students
- Advancing the message
- Amplifying your events
- Measuring success and next steps
- Questions and open discussion