D&I Roundtable: Recruiting and Retaining Talent from the Military Veteran Community
As part of the Manufacturing Institute’s Diversity and Inclusion efforts, we will be hosting a virtual roundtable on recruiting and retaining talent from the military veteran community.
The discussion will showcase the Heroes MAKE America initiative as well as feature voices at the forefront of the ongoing work in manufacturing, offering case study examples and industry-specific guidance. The roundtable will focus on best practices that can be adapted and implemented by your company and the key steps leading manufacturers are taking to engage, hire and support members of this important population. In addition, we will be unveiling a virtual toolkit for manufacturers that will contain the examples highlighted during the event as well as other best practices.
- AJ Jorgenson, Vice President, Strategic Engagement, The Manufacturing Institute
- Babs Chase, Vice President, Military and Veterans Programs, The Manufacturing Institute
- Greg Bunker, Global Business Director, Dow, Inc.
- Nicole Reyna, Senior Quality Assurance Technologist, Smithfield Foods
- Troy Vandenberg, Military Talent Acquisition Manager, Smithfield Foods
- Meghan Zehringer, Corporate Environmental Engineer, National Gypsum
This program is targeted to an audience of manufacturing leaders—those interested in starting, sustaining or expanding their current Diversity and Inclusion efforts.
Together we can be part of the solution, creating new opportunities, improving equity and closing the skills gap. The Manufacturing Institute welcomes your participation.
Heroes MAKE America for Prospective Participants
An overview for the military-connected community to learn how to participate.
Recruiting & Retaining Talent from the Army Reserve
Join us to learn more about recruiting and retaining from the Army Reserve