2022 STEP Ahead Awards
The 2022 STEP (Science, Technology, Engineering and Production) Ahead Awards will take place in Washington, D.C. on April 28, 2022.
Celebrating a Decade of Elevating Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Production
Now entering its 10th year, the STEP Ahead Awards have recognized, celebrated and supported the accomplishments of more than 1,200 outstanding women in manufacturing who have had a positive impact on their companies, communities and future generations. Together, STEP Ahead honorees and emerging leaders have impacted and inspired more than 300,000 others through mentoring and volunteering as ambassadors for the industry.
Recognizing women at all levels of manufacturing, from the shop floor to the C-suite, this national honor gives manufacturers an opportunity to showcase existing female talent and provide role models that can speak to both the opportunities ahead and the transformation of the industry.
The room block is closed, for existing reservations contact the hotel, for new reservations, please email [email protected] for assistance.
As the United States slowly moves in the direction of more normal business operations and vaccine availability becomes more widespread, the Manufacturing Institute | NAM is embracing a cautious approach to reinitiating in-person meetings. Current CDC and local health guidelines will be followed and enforced, and the MI reserves the right to update health measures and attendance policies based on evolving health threats and guidance from Federal health agencies and local authorities. While we intend for the event to go forward as planned, the event may be impacted by future guidance from Federal and local authorities and protocols will be adjusted as warranted.
By attending the STEP Ahead Awards, you agree to abide by and engage in certain mandatory health and safety conduct while attending the event. Proof of vaccination through a third party will be required and instructions will be sent to all registrants before the event.
Full vaccination is required to attend the STEP Ahead Awards. All MI and NAM staff onsite at the event are fully vaccinated and have received their booster.
Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the CDC (Center for Diseases Control).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Stay at home if you feel sick and or if anyone in your household is sick.
On-site During the Event
- Adhere to guidance from local health authorities as implemented and shared by facility hosts.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Adhere to social distance protocols. At a minimum, maintain at least six (6) feet apart. Respect the personal space of others.
- If you experience any cold or flu-like symptoms, please DO NOT attend. Please let the STEP Program host know.
- Agree to notify the STEP program host if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home for contact tracing purposes.
Not able to attend in person? Watch the live stream of the event on Thursday evening.
How to Join
Instructions will be sent to all registrants on how to watch the live stream event.
Tips for Participating
- Engage in the chat. Use the chat feature to connect with us and each other. Let us know where you are tuning in from and who you are supporting.
- Join us on social media. Use the hashtag #MFGWomen to share insights from the day and celebrate each other. You may have a chance to be featured on the social media wall during Thursday’s gala.
- 6:00 PM 2022 STEP Ahead Awards Reception
- 7:00 PM Gala Dinner Programming – Presentation of Honorees and Emerging Leaders
- 9:00 PM After Party hosted at the Conrad Washington Hotel
Recommended attire for this event is SEMI– FORMAL.
WHAT IS SEMI-FORMAL?
Examples of business/semi-formal attire include: business suits, cocktail dresses, dressy skirts and tops or slacks with dressy blouses.
STEP Ahead Leadership