The Manufacturing Institute and FAME-USA invite you to join us on May 24 – 25, 2022, in Louisville, KY for FAME Live!
What You’ll Learn
What makes the FAME model different? What does it look like to integrate technical skills, Lean elements, and strong professional growth into a cohesive plan to develop global-best talent? Join us for a day of learning—meet and hear from students and instructors as well as employers and community partners to understand how each stakeholder plays a part in making these programs successful. You will leave with a strong understanding of the model and with solid action items to help you implement this solution to meet the growing demand for skilled workers.
Who Should Attend
Interested companies should consider sending HR, operations, and/or maintenance leads. Each chapter selects a community college partner, so building awareness at the Dean, Chair and Instructor levels is important. Additionally, the most successful chapters have strong support from local or regional economic development or workforce development entities; after all, a strong FAME chapter builds talent, increasing the skilled talent pool in your area, meeting employers needs for retention and expansion projects, while also increasing wages in your community—supporting FAME is a win-win for economic development organizations.
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
- 5:00 PM Welcome Reception
- 6:30 PM Reception Concludes
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- 9:00 AM Networking Breakfast
- Registration Opens
- 9:45 AM Welcome Remarks
- 10:00 AM FAME 101
- “Global-best, entry-level, multi-skilled maintenance technician” – learn how the FAME model is changing skilled trades training.
- 10:30 AM The FAME Triangle – Creating Global Best
- How is FAME different from traditional training models? Learn from the FAME network how the FAME approach to training creates the skilled talent needed in today’s manufacturing world.
- 11:00 AM Networking Break
- 11:15 AM Collaboration is Key – Leveraging Strengths for a Common Goal
- FAME is a partnership led by employers that includes local workforce and economic development organizations, community colleges, K12 representatives and more. Learn how these groups collaborate to create economic opportunity for their respective communities.
- 11:45 AM The FAME Career Pathway
- The FAME model emphasizes a Career Pathway; learn how the AMT student fits into this model and how partners work together to engage candidates and help them reach their fullest potential.
- 12:15 AM Lunch
- 1:15 PM Explore the AMIT Building & Deep Dive into FAME
- Participants will break into groups. Groups will alternately explore the Advanced Manufacturing & Information Technology Building of Jefferson Community and Technical College as well as spend time with program experts for deeper discussion into the model and how to implement.
- 2:00 PM Closing Remarks
- 2:30 PM Program Concludes
The cost to attend this event is $75 per person. This fee covers all meeting sessions, meals functions and materials.
- Nelson Akafuah, University of Kentucky
- James Atkinson, GE Appliances, KY FAME – Greater Louisville Chapter
- Alexandra Becker, The Manufacturing Institute, FAME USA
- Jimmy Croan, Northwood University
- Steven Cross, Logan Aluminum, KY FAME – SKYFAME Chapter
- Duane Daniel, AMT Graduate, Delta Faucet, KY FAME – SKYFAME Chapter
- Tony Davis, The Manufacturing Institute, FAME USA
- Carter Hall, TMMK, KY FAME – Bluegrass Chapter
- Lisa Morales, East Alabama Works, AL FAME
- Kelcie Richart, KCTCS, KY FAME – SKYFAME Chapter
- Jason Ritter, Project Lead the Way
- Pooja Tripathi, The Manufacturing Institute, FAME USA
- Audrey Webb, ACCS, AL FAME
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Regency Louisville ($109/night, plus tax). To make reservations, call the the Hyatt Regency Louisville at (877) 803-7534 and reference the group code “2022 MI FAME Live! Event” for the group rate. You can also make reservations online by clicking here. The cut-off date for reservations is Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022, however once the room block is filled (which may be before cut-off) you may not be able to get the group rate.
Hotel Cancellation Policy:
Reservations can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to arrival without penalty. If you cancel within 48 hours of scheduled arrival, a cancellation fee equal to one night’s room revenue will be charged
As the United States slowly moves in the direction of more normal business operations and vaccine availability becomes more widespread, the Manufacturing Institute | NAM is embracing a cautious approach to reinitiating in-person meetings. Current CDC and local health guidelines will be followed and enforced, and the MI reserves the right to update health measures and attendance policies based on evolving health threats and guidance from Federal health agencies and local authorities. While we intend for the event to go forward as planned, the event may be impacted by future guidance from Federal and local authorities and protocols will be adjusted as warranted.
By attending FAME Live, you agree to abide by and engage in certain mandatory health and safety conduct while attending the event. Proof of vaccination through a third party will be required and instructions will be sent to all registrants before the event.
Full vaccination is required to attend FAME Live. All MI and NAM staff onsite at the event are fully vaccinated and have received their booster.
Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the CDC (Center for Diseases Control).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Stay at home if you feel sick and or if anyone in your household is sick.
On-site During the Event
- Adhere to guidance from local health authorities as implemented and shared by facility hosts.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Adhere to social distance protocols. At a minimum, maintain at least six (6) feet apart. Respect the personal space of others.
- If you experience any cold or flu-like symptoms, please DO NOT attend. Please let the FAME Program host know.
- Agree to notify the FAME program host if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home for contact tracing purposes.
About the FAME USA Program
The Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME), created by Toyota and now run by the Manufacturing Institute, is the premiere skilled technician education and development model. FAME provides a sustainable and globally competitive pipeline of highly capable and professional talent that can meet the unique needs and challenges facing manufacturing companies through the Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program. The program has grown to more than 32 locations with nearly 400 companies sponsoring students; it now boasts some of the best outcomes of any manufacturing education program in the country.
If you are interested in learning about the FAME program, joining a FAME chapter or starting a new FAME chapter, be sure to register today.