2021 STEP Ahead Awards
The 2021 STEP (Science, Technology, Engineering and Production) Ahead Awards will take place in Washington, D.C. on November 4, 2021.
Watch the LivestreamREGISTER TODAY
Recognizing Women in Science, Technology and Engineering
The ninth annual STEP Ahead Awards will recognize women in science, technology, engineering and production careers who exemplify leadership within their companies. The Institute’s STEP Ahead Awards gives women across the country a platform to showcase the incredible opportunities the industry has to offer, whether they are running the company, designing the next big product, or testing innovations on the shop floor.
Rising to the Challenge
This year, manufacturers proved again how critical and impactful their role is to keep our country safe. We recognize the immense contributions women manufacturers have made to the world, inspiring girls in the next generation to dream of what they can do through manufacturing to close the gender gap.
In 2021, the Institute will recognize 100 women and 30 Emerging Leaders, a category to honor women under the age of 30 who have achieved unique accomplishments at the start of their careers.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Masters of Ceremony
- Denise Rutherford, 2021 STEP Vice Chair Senior Vice President and Chief
Corporate Affairs Officer, 3M
- Courtney Silver, STEP Ahead Alumnae, Class of 2019, CEO, Ketchie, Inc
Carolyn Lee, Executive Director, The Manufacturing Institute
Kathy Wengel, 2021 STEP Ahead Chair, Executive Vice President and
Chief Global Supply Chain Officer, Johnson & Johnson
2021 STEP Ahead Emerging Leaders Award Presentation
Lisa Sun, Founder and CEO, Gravitas
Jay Timmons, President and CEO, National Association of Manufacturers
2021 STEP Ahead Honorees Award Presentation
STEP Ahead Awards Gala Health & Safety
As the United States moves in the direction of more normal business operations and vaccine availability becomes widespread, the Manufacturing Institute is embracing a cautious approach to reinitiating in-person meetings. Current CDC and local health guidelines will be followed and enforced, and the MI reserves the right to update health measures and attendance policies based on evolving health threats and guidance from Federal health agencies and local authorities. While we intend for the event to go forward as planned, the event may be impacted by future guidance from Federal and local authorities and protocols will be adjusted as warranted.
Full vaccination is required to attend the STEP Ahead Awards Gala. All NAM and MI staff on site at the STEP Ahead Awards Gala are fully vaccinated.
By attending the STEP Ahead Awards in Washington, DC you agree to abide by and engage in certain mandatory health and safety conduct while attending the event. Proof of vaccination through a third party will be required and instructions will be sent to all registrants before the event. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. If you need special accommodations and or cannot attend the meeting in person, a hybrid option will be offered. We will send instructions upon your RSVP.
Face Masks will be required to be worn indoors during the conference, even if you are vaccinated, unless you are actively eating or drinking.
We expect attendees to adhere to the following behaviors, consistent with CDC guidance, state and local health authority directives and hotel rules. If you are not willing or able to adhere to these practices, we ask that you plan not to attend the meeting. Please note that these standards are subject to change as conditions evolve up to our meeting date.
Before Leaving Home
- Submit your CDC Vaccination Card/proof of vaccination. Submission Instructions
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the CDC (Center for Diseases Control).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Stay at home if you feel sick and or if anyone in your household is sick.
On-site During the Event
- Adhere to guidance from local health authorities as implemented and shared by facility hosts.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Agree to wear face masks covering nose and mouth at all indoor meeting functions. Face masks can be removed while actively eating and or drinking.
- Adhere to social distance protocols. At a minimum, maintain at least six (6) feet apart. Respect the personal space of others.
- If you experience any flu-like symptoms, please DO NOT attend sessions. Please let the STEP Ahead Awards Gala program host know.
Agree to notify the program host at [email protected] if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home for contact tracing purposes.
STEP Ahead Leadership
STEP Ahead Chair and Vice Chair
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.