The Manufacturing Institute and FAME-USA invite you to join us on Thursday, April 29, for a virtual event on FAME Live! Interested companies, schools, and stakeholders are invited for a chance to preview various program elements—hear from AMT students, FAME employers, and community organizations who are supporting FAME every day to strengthen their workforce and their communities.
What You’ll Learn
This event provides interested companies, schools, and stakeholders a chance to preview various program elements and learn more about the FAME program. Students, employers, and various partners will explain how the program elements of the FAME Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program come together in a proven program to train global-best, entry–level, multiskilled maintenance technicians.
- Workforce Challenges of Today
- FAME Professional Behavior
- FAME Manufacturing Core Exercises (MCE’s)
- Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) Students
- Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC) Tour
- FAME Community Collaboration
- Brookings Report Analysis
- New Chapter Development
- Closing Remarks
You must register in advance to join attend the virtual event. A link to join the virtual event will be shared 1 week prior to the event. Join the virtual event from your web browser at 1:00 PM ET on April 29th.
Tips for Attending
- Be an active participant – ask questions, answer polls, engage in chat
- Share – post reactions, resources and more on social media using the hashtag #FAMEWorks
- Invite others within your network
About the FAME USA Program
The Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME), created by Toyota and now run from within the Manufacturing Institute, is the premiere Advanced Manufacturing workforce education and development program. FAME provides a sustainable and globally competitive pipeline of highly skilled talent that can meet the unique needs and challenges facing manufacturing companies. The program has grown to more than 30 locations with more than 300 companies sponsoring more than 700 students; it now boasts some of the best outcomes of any manufacturing education program in the country.
If you are interested in learning about the FAME program, joining a FAME chapter or starting a new FAME chapter, register today.
- Tony Davis, Senior Director, Workforce Initiatives, The Manufacturing Institute