The Manufacturing Institute has postponed its annual STEP Ahead Awards program from April 30, 2020 to September 24, 2020. Based on feedback and the latest health data on COVID-19, this year we will be hosting the STEP Ahead Awards virtually.
We look forward to virtually recognizing this years’ Honorees and Emerging Leaders for their accomplishments in September. We remain committed to honoring the achievements of our 2020 Honorees and Emerging Leaders and will share full event information in the coming weeks.
Recognizing Women in Science, Technology and Engineering
The eighth annual STEP Ahead Awards will recognize women in science, technology, engineering and production careers who exemplify leadership within their companies. The Institute’s STEP Ahead Awards gives women across the country a platform to showcase the incredible opportunities the industry has to offer, whether they are running the company, designing the next big product, or testing innovations on the shop floor.
On September, 24, 2020, the Institute will recognize 100 women and 30 Emerging Leaders, a category to honor women under the age of 30 who have achieved unique accomplishments at the start of their careers.
Nominations Are Closed
- Nominations for the 2021 STEP Ahead Awards will open August 1, 2020 and close October 2, 2020.
- Access the 2020 Nominations Guide for helpful information.
- Visit www.themanufacturinginstitute.org/nominate to submit your nominations
NEW NOMINATION CHANGES
Based on industry feedback, we’ve implemented some new changes to the 2020 application process:
- A maximum of 10 applications may be submitted by a single company
- Companies are encouraged to have 1 point of contact for nominations.
- See best practices beginning on page 11 within the Nominations Guide for strategies to streamline internal processes.