At Chart Industries, a company culture of diversity and inclusion means that the company is one where every employee knows that their culture and identities will be respected and valued, and that they will be encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
To execute on this diversity vision, Chart Industries has established a global Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Their efforts are targeted at the following six specific impact areas:
- Community involvement
- Talent/Hiring/ Development
- Internal and external communication
- Education and training
- Broad team involvement
- Employee engagement
To attract the top talent, built relationships with high schools, colleges and universities, as well as HBCUs from across the country. Since Chart Industries began partnering with colleges and universities to build a more robust pipeline of diverse and qualified talent, they have supported student groups across the country, including groups from Georgia Institute of Technology, Texas A&M University and University of Minnesota. In addition to supporting these student groups, Chart Industries has hosted interns from over twelve of universities.
- To access an expanded and more diverse talent pool, be open to exploring new strategies and partnerships.
- Honor the lived experiences of team members by empowering them to do the work of diversity and inclusion.
- Champion diversity and inclusion not only internally, but also externally.