Our Mission: To inspire, educate and empower the manufacturing workforce of today and tomorrow.
The Manufacturing Institute grows and supports the industry’s skilled workers for the advancement of modern manufacturing. The MI’s diverse initiatives support all American workers, including emerging workers, women, veterans and students, through skilled training programs, community building and career growth. As the 501(c)3 nonprofit workforce development and education partner of the National Association of Manufacturers, the MI is a trusted adviser to manufacturers, equipping them with resources necessary to solve the industry’s toughest challenges.
The Manufacturing Institute envisions a world in which:
- Modern manufacturing is perceived positively with sought-after jobs;
- Manufacturers have an adequate supply of skilled creators;
- The competitive manufacturing industry enriches a prosperous global economy;
- The manufacturing industry inspires creativity and innovation that are felt at a global economic scale;
- A community of industry professionals and corporations fosters support and collaboration;
- Current and prospective manufacturing workforces are empowered to succeed through lifelong learning and skills training;
- The modern manufacturing workforce is reflective of our diverse communities and is offered equal opportunities; and
- A career in modern manufacturing positively strengthens the livelihood of not only the individual worker but also the American family.