The Manufacturing Institute grows and supports the manufacturing industry’s skilled workers for the advancement of modern manufacturing. The Manufacturing Institute’s diverse initiatives support all American workers and emerging workers, including women, veterans and students, through skills training programs, community building and the advancement of their career in manufacturing. As the 501(c)(3) workforce development and education partner of the National Association of Manufacturers, The Manufacturing Institute is a trusted adviser to manufacturers, equipping them with resources necessary to solve the industry’s toughest challenges.
The Manufacturing Institute envisions a world in which:
- The manufacturing industry is positively perceived with sought-after jobs.
- Manufacturers have an adequate supply of skilled creators.
- The competitive manufacturing industry enriches a prosperous global economy.
- The manufacturing industry inspires creativity and innovation that are felt at a global economic scale.
- A community of industry professionals and companies fosters support and collaboration.
- Current and prospective manufacturing workforces are empowered to succeed through lifelong learning and skills training.
- The manufacturing workforce is reflective of our diverse communities and is offered equal opportunities.
- A career in manufacturing positively strengthens the livelihood of not only the individual worker but also the American family.