Close the Skills Gap! Take Action Now!
- 82% of manufacturers report a moderate or serious shortage in skilled production workers.
- 75% of manufacturers say the skill shortage has negatively impacted their ability to expand.
- 600,000 jobs in manufacturing are unfilled today because employers can’t find workers with the right skills.
To help close the growing skills gap, the Manufacturing Institute has launched the NAM-Endorsed Manufacturing Skills Certification System. This system of nationally portable, industry-recognized credentials validates both the “book smarts” and the “street smarts” needed to be productive and successful on the job. For more information, see the following sections:
- Background on the Skills Certification System
- Learn why and how Employers use Certifications
- Learn how Schools incorporate Industry-Based Certifications
- Right Skills Now - Accelerated Certification Programs
- List of NAM-Endorsed Manufacturing Skills Certifications
- Technical Assistance Webinar Series
Manufacturers can no longer afford to wait. Each manufacturer must take action NOW to help grow the next generation of manufacturing talent. Learn more about the NAM-Endorsed Skills Certification System and how it can make a difference in your workplace!