In addition to conducting market research and developing the Skills Certification System, the Manufacturing Institute is engaged in a number of projects and actvities to assist the manufacturing sector. These include:
- Get Skills to Work - A partnership with GE, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Alcoa to encourage and enable transitioning military personnel to pursue education and careers, in manufacturing;
- Certification for Military Personnel - Expanding the use of manufacturing skills certifications in military training so servicemen and women earn indsutry certifications for the skills they learn while in the service;
- Badges - A project with the MacArthur Foundation to develop credentials for the skills learned by students in Project Lead the Way and SkillsUSA;
- Manufacturing Innovation Centers - The development of a plan in partnership with EWI to establish a network of pre-commercial research and development centers across the country focused on innovation in manufacturing;
- Women in Manufacturing - A research and recognition program designed to highlight the contributions of women to the manufacturing sector;
- Manufacturing Scholarships - An annual scholarship program sponsored by the University of Phoenix for current manufacturing employees;
- Global Symposium - An event co-sponsored by Deloitte and Alcoa Foundation to highlight global best practices in talent-drive innovation as a contribution to the World Economic Forum.
If you are interested in partnering with the Manufacturing Institute on a creative project or program in support of the manufacturing sector, please contact Gardner Carrick.