The Manufacturing Institute is a Washington, DC-based organization dedicated to improving and expanding manufacturing in the United States.
In partnership with some of the leading consulting firms in the country, the Institute studies the critical issues facing manufacturing and then applies that research to develop and identify solutions that are implemented by companies, schools, governments, and organizations across the country.
The Institute’s strategies and actions are all done to achieve the following goals:
- The development of a world-class manufacturing workforce;
- The growth of individual U.S. manufacturing companies;
- The expansion of the manufacturing sector in regional economies.
The solutions and actions of the Institute are primarily project-based. Our current set of activities includes:
- Implementing a set of national industry skill credentials;
- Attracting the next generation of manufacturing workers;
- Assisting small and medium sized manufacturers access and use next generation technologies.
Our on-going research projects are focused on:
- Understanding the workforce issues that manufacturers face;
- Determining the structural cost differences between the world's leading economic countries;
- Measuring the public perception of manufacturing.